mercoledì 23 febbraio 2011

Bonet in a box!

In Revello's tiny little market, I spotted this:
After the previous night's encounter with bonet, or bunet, I wanted to see how the pre-packaged version stood up to the original. I know, I know, how could a boxed dessert even compare to the rigorously homemade one from La Virginia? But this was something I would never be able to find south of Torino, so more bunet was in store!

The whole process took about 5 minutes. I covered the mold with the included caramel sauce, then started to cook the bunet mix with some milk (from the milk vending machine, of course!). After that, the tiny crumbles of amaretto cookies were added into the batter. The whole affair was then popped into the fridge for 3 hours while I anxiously awaited the results.

In the end, this bunet was a firm pudding which did not look very attractive in photos. Yes, all of the right flavors were there, but the texture was way off from La Virginia's original. It was fine, however it was definitely not bunet as it should be!


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento