sabato 26 febbraio 2011

Omelette with Zucchini Flowers and Pancetta

Zucchini flowers are such a versatile ingredient, yet they are so frequently served battered and fried. No, these blossoms have much more to offer than that.


The other day I decided to make an omelette with zucchini flowers. Really simple, and it came out beautifully. I browned some pancetta cubes and a little onion with a tiny bit of olive oil. Once those were almost done cooking, I tossed in some chopped zucchini flowers and let them cook for a minute or two before adding the beaten eggs to the pan. Once the eggs finished cooking, I filled the inside of the omelette with ricotta and chopped mint.

I hope to be finding a lot more recipes featuring zucchini flowers this spring! If anyone out there knows of a good recipe, don't hesitate to leave a comment!


1 commento: