mercoledì 20 aprile 2011

The Original....

If you've been following my blog, you've certainly seen all of the posts about Eataly and the restaurants. The New York location is just great, but I also wanted to see what the original Eataly store in Torino is like. So, while I was in the north, I left the beautiful center of Turin for the outskirts. Lingotto, a neighborhood of Torino, is home to the original Eataly supermarket. 

I won't say that I was disappointed, but the Turin location is small! (I believe about half the size of its NYC 
counterpart.) The goods sold are almost exactly the same as those in NY, and the prices are more or less the same. Even the restaurants are the same, though this time I didn't have enough time to try one out. I wouldn't make another trip out there unless I needed something specific or was going to the Museo dell'Automobile nearby, but I certainly enjoyed seeing the original! 



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento