lunedì 7 marzo 2011

Zucchini with Flowers

I had to use up the rest of my zucchini flowers somehow, so I threw them into a recipe I modified. 

Whenever I go to visit my friend Christian and his family in Salerno, his mother always makes the most delicious zucchini. While I have no idea exactly what she does, the plate basically consists of battered, fried zucchini bathed in a sauce of garlic, oil and vinegar. So simple. And so delicious I normally help myself to seconds and even thirds! 

Well, I had this dish in mind when I created my simplified, lower-fat version a while back. I cut up my zucchini into long, thin strands then sauteed them with a bit of olive oil and garlic. Once they were almost finished cooking, I added just a splash of vinegar and let the flavors meld together. From there, I sprinkled on enough bread crumbs to coat the zucchini and I threw in the chopped up flowers. It's not quite the same as the original, but definitely a good stand-in until the next time I visit! 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento